<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 01, 2005

subway tool
i remember when i used to go to dc all the time, i went to the metro page and i could type in my starting and ending points and figure out how to get to my friend's apartment (ok fine, ex-gf's apartment). well guess what! there's a nyc equivalent. check out http://www.hopstop.com/. i typed in my apartment location and my work location, switched it to "more street walking/less transfers" and it knew exactly how i get to work. also, if you tell it what time you're taking the subway, it even takes into account subway weekend changes. how HOT is that? the best part is it tells you the average time the trip will take, which says 39 minutes -- in reality it takes me 35, but i walk pretty fast.

other cool features -- different languages and bus transportation too. i wish i had thought of this.


Comments

Post a Comment